Sunday, October 3, 2010

Weeks 1 - 4 (My first month)

Firstly, I think an apology is in order for having neglected to post anything for the last 4 weeks.

I have some good news, so I'm going to start with that. 2 teachers for each subject, as you know, or if you didn't you do now. Each teacher teaches a different unit related to that subject. This week we had MA's basically Monthly Assessments and we got our grades. They won't count or anything they just let us know how we're doing. In fact, the only grades that count are the ones we get for our Exams combined with coursework (a little bit like IAs with IB, but easier). So my MA's, and this is the good news, are the following:

Drama:
Mr. Warbuton - A
Ms. Lindley - A
Music:
Mr. Everhart - A
Mr. Arkel - A
History:
Ms. Hannah - A
Ms. Coward - B
English:
Mr. Giles - B
Mrs. Farmer - B

The English part isn't so great really, in fact, it makes me wonder if I should be doing something more drama-ey/music-ey at university. There's no way I'd do History at university, of course, but its good to know that I'm doing well in History.

So the last 4 weeks... well the first week felt like a month, in and of itself. Time for the last 4 weeks has certainly been playing tricks on me. Some days feel much longer than they should and you sit and remembering what happened this morning, wonder if it really happened this morning or if it happened yesterday. The major thing I forgot was the fact that with my friends in KL, I did actually have to work at it before they were my friends. People that don't know me here, so I have to work at being their friend too. I'm doing all this off-medication as well. Week 2/3 I sort of had a little emotional breakdown because of the stress of it all but I'm okay now. I'm incredibly surprised that I was able to get what I got in my MA's off-medication frankly, but I'm happy it happened.

Been singing a lot the past 4 weeks. Gone through 'Always true to you in my Fashion' and 'So in Love' with my singing teacher. Singing lessons are going great. Plus at the moment, I'm learning the song 'Somewhere that's Green' from the musical Little Shop of Horrors, and a religious christmas song for christmas. Chapel choir is fine, its just singing church music which isn't so bad actually. For example we're doing For the Beauty of the Earth which I did with Granzow in ISKL. However, there aren't enough altos, so I'm in the alto section at the moment. I'm also in Concert Choir, and we're doing the exact same Wicked medley that Concert Choir in ISKL did for Song and Dance. Small world. Speaking of which, my history teacher (Ms. Hannah not Ms. Coward) knows the drama teacher at GIS, who I met when I went on that lighting course at KLPAC. Really small world.

I have a crush on a teacher... such is life, and my ongoing oedipus complex.

JUST KIDDING MUM!

I'm not publicly posting who on the internet, but if you are my teacher and you are reading this: it's not you. :)

signing out,

Geraldine McKavanagh

Song for this Month (sorry):

Closer to Fine by The Indigo Girls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o27ugtK3i4w

4 comments:

  1. GERALDINE I MISS YOU SO MUCH although i don't know why :P :P <3

    anyway MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR congratz on the grades. fuck yeah.

    for the whole friendship thing, just push through. people will come to get used to your irritating habits and hilarity <3. but you didn't actually make friends with us ever, just so you know. we still hate you. I AM KIDDING and we never hated you that i know of hahaha. in case you doubted that :P

    oh also, i love the song. i know i'm not being very consecutive in order here haha but yeah i'm listening to it now and it's pretty cool. i haven't listened to it all yet but yeah :) and i like the general optimism of it :)... why "sorry"? :/

    oh hahaha jeez you bloody oedipus child hahaha :) -.-

    haha wow the whole section on choir and the songs and all that: bloody small world indeed!! yikes! pretty damn cool though :). and i mean you're even doing KMK songs, so that's cool :).

    i'm really really really glad you're still doing okay without meds, more or less, give or take. really really glad. really. :).

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. doing without meds yeah, I guess.

    plus, I chose to do the KMK songs but the rest of it is just coincidence or fate, or stems for the fact that all thought is connected... you choose.

    the friendships will form... eventually... eventually they'll get used to me, and maybe even start to like me. :)

    I miss you too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and also. yeah that's right. apologise. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know I can delete your comments... but I'm going to forgive you for that one... just this once...

    ReplyDelete